SympliFi is a free, no fees mobile app that rewards you for empowering your community back home. On the SympliFi app you can help friends and family back home access credit to launch or grow a business. You can also top-up airtime for any African mobile number. All along the way, you earn rewards of up to 5%!
The process is fully digital.
- You download the free SympliFi app.
- Add money to your SympliFi wallet and earn rewards on your available balance.
- Get instant access to credit for yourself or for someone else in your community back home in Africa. Earn up to 5% on the refundable deposit you hold in your wallet while providing access to credit.
- Send airtime to friends and family in over 60 countries.
- It’s free. All of the services on the SympliFi app are free.
- Get up to 5% cash rewards for helping. When you add money to your SympliFi wallet for the first time, you get a cash reward. Every time you top-up airtime for family or friends in Africa, you get a cash reward. Every time you hold a refundable deposit to help friends or family access credit from our partners in Nigeria or Senegal, you get a cash reward.
- Your deposit stays in your wallet. When you hold a deposit to help a beneficiary in Africa access credit, SympliFi locks the money in your wallet. SympliFi communicates with the lending partner letting them know that the deposit is locked in - no money is sent and it’s free. The deposit securely stays in your wallet. When your beneficiary repays, you can move your money for free to any bank account or keep it in your wallet to continue earning rewards. No fees, no FX costs. Only if the beneficiary defaults, will SympliFi deduct the amount owed to the bank from your deposit.
- A smarter way to help your community in Africa. When you provide a refundable deposit to help friends or family access credit, our lending partners offer lower interest rates to your beneficiary- they get access to more affordable credit! By helping friends and family access a line of credit or inventory financing, you empower them to start or grow their businesses and their credit history so that they can access more credit at higher value– with just one deposit.
We only work with vetted partners and regulated financial institutions across Africa. Financial institutions perform a quick credit check on the borrower prior to disbursement. The borrower is responsible for repaying the lender directly. If the borrower does not repay, the lender will make best efforts to collect from the borrower before they can request the deposit.
The deposit helps provide access to a line of credit or inventory financing for family and friends back home. SympliFi holds the deposit in your wallet and notifies the bank in your beneficiary’s country. When you hold the deposit in your SympliFi wallet, your beneficiary gets instant and continuous access to lower interest rate loans. When the beneficiary repays, you can move your money to any bank account for free or keep it in your wallet to earn more rewards. Your credit score is never impacted, and if your beneficiary defaults, the amount owed to the lending partner is deducted from the deposit on hold.
There are no fees, there are no FX costs whatsoever. As with any loan, the borrower back home will pay interest and standard processing fees to the bank issuing the line of credit.
- Continue the refundable deposit. You can instantly extend the refundable deposit so the borrower can continue to access more credit.
- Help someone else access credit. You can help someone else and use the same refundable deposit to back them on a line of credit.
- Transfer the money for free. You can transfer the money to any bank account for free.
- Keep the money in your wallet. You can safely keep the money in your SympliFi wallet and continue earning
We have partnered with Rapyd for our technology infrastructure, ensuring all transactions are fully certified to meet PCI, PSD2, and SCA standards as well as global fraud protection.
Your credit score is never impacted for providing a deposit for someone else. SympliFi and the lender have no additional recourse against you beyond the deposit amount you provide, and there is no impact on your credit score. We do not report to any credit bureaus.
A guarantor is someone who helps a borrower secure loans by agreeing to hold a deposit. The deposit is used in the event that the borrower cannot repay the loan. Guarantors are usually friends or family members who know the borrower best. It is the responsibility of the borrower to repay the loan, not the guarantor. If the borrower does not repay the loan it may negatively impact their credit score and their ability to obtain a loan in the future.
Yes you can. As long as you meet the lender's loan and ID requirements.
During the onboarding process, we conduct a Know Your Customer (KYC) check. The check is conducted automatically and per UK regulatory requirements regarding Anti Money Laundering.
We conduct a certification check on all our bank partners before they are allowed to join our platform. All financial services partners must submit a valid business license and a valid lending license issued by the country’s applicable regulatory body.